I was recently on the hunt for a new foundation and decided to try something new. I have a complicated relationship with foundation. I often feel that it doesn’t deliver in the way it should, which is to blur imperfections, even out skin tone, and blend seamlessly, while still allowing my actual skin to be the star of the show. In short, I want a foundation that doesn’t look like I’m wearing foundation (and I think that’s what many of us want).
Enter Alima Pure Liquid Silk Foundation. I’ve tried a few of their other products and like their commitments, their ingredients, and I also happen to think they offer pretty reasonable price points, in terms of the green beauty world. I’ve been using this product for just over a month, so I thought I’d share my thoughts with you. I hope it’s helpful.
(For those in a time crunch, scroll all the way to the bottom for a short recap on my thoughts.)
H O W I U S E F O U N D A T I O N
- I apply it once in the morning and don’t reapply for the rest of the day.
- It sits on top of toner, moisturizer, and a daily sunscreen.
- I like minimal to medium coverage with the option to build.
- I use it in targeted spots. I apply it to my undereyes (to counteract darkness) and around my nose and on my chin (to counteract redness).
- I like to blend it in with my fingers or a damp beauty blender.
- I prefer liquids over powders or creams.
W H A T I L I K E
- The consistency is good for my skin. It blends seamlessly with my skin, doesn’t settle in fine lines, and doesn’t get cakey throughout the day.
- The coverage is light/medium. This has the ability to act a lot like a tinted moisturizer, which I love, but could easily lean more full coverage if that's what you're after.
- The color match is good. I ordered mine in the shade ‘Pearl.’ I really thought it was going to be too dark when it arrived at home, but it’s actually perfect. Their website mentions that each shade is flexible and has the ability to suit a range of skin tones. I think this is true!
- The shade range is inclusive. I’m often bothered by the fact that big companies don’t seem to make an effort to offer products that suit a wide range of skin tones. This particular product comes in 10 different shades, with each shade offering the ability to flexibly suit a spectrum of skin tones.
- A little goes a long way. I use a very small amount (think smaller than a pea) for application under my eyes, around my nose, and on my chin. Sometimes I even have a little bit leftover on my finger. I don’t even know how this is possible, but it is.
W H A T I D O N ‘ T L I K E
- It doesn’t apply well with fingers. It gets too grabby and cakey. Application with a beauty blender solves this problem easily, but I do wish that using my fingers was an option here.
T L ; D R (Too Long; Didn’t Read)
Overall, this is a great foundation! It’s easy to use, the consistency is great, a little goes a long way, and the shade range would work well for a wide variety of skin tones. It doesn’t apply well with fingers, but applies beautifully with a beauty blender. I would recommend this foundation and purchase it again (although I’ll probably try the Kosas Tinted Face Oil next)!
*Above: that's me after wearing it all day!